Coordinator: Caroline Gorman
email address: email@example.com
Anyone who is interested in improving the health and wellbeing of people on Bute is more than welcome to join the network – we have members from NHS, Education, Social work, from local community organisations, health based businesses, and representatives from the community too.
Network Meeting – 23rd May 2018 We had a really well attended meeting in May focusing on JHIP Theme 4 – Focusing on wellness not illness. We had lots of interesting discussion around the table, big thanks to everyone who attended and to Arlene Stenhouse (Technology Enabled Care) and Robin Miller (Cowal and Bute Elderly Befrienders) who gave engaging and informative presentations.
Grant Funding – We are happy to announce that we can now re-open our Health and Wellbeing Grant Fund and this year the Bute Network has £10,000 on offer for activities that improve the health of the population and prevent problems before they arise. This year funding is available for increasing physical activity and supporting people to live better lives with long term health conditions.
- Application forms and guidance documents can be found at http://healthyargyllandbute.co.uk/application-for-funding/
- Application form to be completed in Word document and returned to coordinator by email.
- Bids are capped at £1200
- Applications are welcomed from statutory groups as well as third sector groups.
- Applications should be received by close of business on 30th July.
- Applicants will be notified w/c 20th August – projects to start thereafter
- Applicants have up to a year to complete their projects and a monitoring report will be required.
- The bids will be scored by the panel on the fit to the priority above taking precedence over other fund criteria (though they are important too)
- If you are unsure if your project will meet the criteria or you have any questions about the form or process, we are happy to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Dunoon Office on 01369 700800.
Dates of 2018 Network Meetings: Wednesday 15th August – Theme 1 – Getting the best start in life, Green Tree Cafe, Moat Centre, Rothesay, 13:00 – 15:00 Wednesday 7th November – Theme 2 – Working to ensure fairness, Green Tree Cafe, Moat Centre, Rothesay, 12:00 – 14:00
Minutes of Previous meetings – Click links below
Access to our local plans 1 BHWN Health Inequalities Plan Final, 2 BHWN Alcohol and Drugs Plan Final, 3 BHWN Early Years Plan Final, 4 BHWN Healthy Weight Plan Final, 5 BHWN Mental Health Wellbeing Plan Final, 6-BHWN-Older-People-Final 2, 7. BHWN Smoking Prevention final, 8. BHWN Teenage Transitions Final