email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone who is interested in improving the health and wellbeing of people on Bute is more than welcome to join the network – we have members from NHS, Education, Social work, from local community organisations, health based businesses, and representatives from the community too.
We are very happy to announce that we can now re-open our Health and Wellbeing Grant Fund and this year the Bute Network has £5,000 on offer for activities that improve the health of the population and prevent problems before they arise. This year funding is available for increasing physical activity and supporting people to live better lives with long term health conditions.
Please note: This year your project must also must link with either NHS/HSCP/Council services and demonstrate a clear referral pathway – this can be informal.
- Application forms and guidance documents can be found attached to this email
- Application form to be completed in Word document and returned to coordinator by email.
- Bids are capped at £750 and all monies will be allocated in one tranche.
- Applications are welcomed from statutory groups as well as third sector groups.
- Applications should be received by close of business on 30th May.
- Applicants will be notified by 30th June – projects to start thereafter
- Applicants have up to a year to complete their projects and a monitoring report will be required.
- The bids will be scored by the panel on the fit to the priority above taking precedence over other fund criteria (though they are important too)
- If you are unsure if your project will meet the criteria or you have any questions about the form, criteria or process, we are happy to help, please email email@example.com or call our Dunoon Office on 01369 700800 (please ask for Dee or Nicola).
Please join us for the local Bute Health & Wellbeing Network meetings…
The dates of meetings for the coming year are:
Friday 3rd May (Full Agenda can be accessed below)
We are delighted to have several confirmed guest presenters:
Michelle Rusden – Police Scotland
Petra Pearce – TSI PaPa
Tanya MacDougall – Family Mediation
Alison Craig – Marie Curie
Monday 10th June
Friday 6th September
Friday 1st November
Friday 28th February 2020
These will all be held in the Green Tree Café, Moat Centre, Rothesay from 11am-1pm.
The meetings will include information about grant funding, updates from the Health Improvement Team/invited presenters, presentations from local groups/organisations, networking, feedback from previous grantees, local action planning amongst many other things.
Light refreshments will be provided.
Please share widely with your networks
Links to Newsletters
Minutes of Previous meetings – Click links below
Access to our local plans 1 BHWN Health Inequalities Plan Final, 2 BHWN Alcohol and Drugs Plan Final, 3 BHWN Early Years Plan Final, 4 BHWN Healthy Weight Plan Final, 5 BHWN Mental Health Wellbeing Plan Final, 6-BHWN-Older-People-Final 2, 7. BHWN Smoking Prevention final, 8. BHWN Teenage Transitions Final