LATEST NEWS!!! The Network is currently planning to organise a free Wellbeing Event for all local residents in Helensburgh and Lomond at Helensburgh Parish Church on the afternoon of Saturday 11 January 2020. Please contact the Coordinator (contact details below) if you are interested in booking a stall or running an activity.
Helensburgh & Lomond Health and Wellbeing Network has a diverse membership of more than 180 people working or volunteering in the public and third sectors. The Network aims to support anyone in the local community who wants to improve the health and welling of people living in Helensburgh & Lomond and new members are always welcome.
If you are interested in getting involved please contact the coordinator, Audrey Baird (contact details below). There are a number of ways you can choose to participate in the Network:
- ask for your name and email address to be added to the membership list for the Network so you can receive email updates, information from other members and news about funding opportunities;
- provide information to be shared with other Network members;
- get involved in, or start, a partnership project with other Network members;
- attend one or more of the Network partnership meetings that are held four times a year;
- help the Network to identify its priorities for 2019 by submitting ideas for a possible health and wellbeing event in the New Year;
- assist with making decisions around local funding allocations from the Health and Wellbeing Fund;
- attend health and wellbeing development days; and
- help to raise awareness of the Network in the local area.
Grant Funding in 2019-20
Funding levels for 2019 were announced in April and in Helensburgh & Lomond we were pleased to have £10,500 available to support third and public sector applicants this year. The funding priorities were exercise and self management of long-term health conditions. The deadline for applying in 2019 has now passed and successful applicants were announced at the July Network meeting (see meeting notes below for the full list).
Helensburgh & Lomond Health & Wellbeing Work Plan 2018-2022
Network members met in December 2017 to start work on the new local work plan for the partnership. A draft plan was amended at the Network meeting on March 14. You can view the final draft plan here: FinalDraftH&LWorkplan. If you have any comments on the plan, please email the Network coordinator with your suggestions.
Next Network Meeting
The next meeting of Helensburgh & Lomond Health and Wellbeing Network is scheduled for Wednesday 4 December between 1-3pm at The Bridge, Helensburgh Parish Church.
The following Network meeting is provisionally scheduled for Thursday 19 March 2020 between 1-3pm. Venue to be confirmed.
Archive of Network Meetings
Event Ideas Notes: EventIdeas
PB Trial Feedback: Feedback on Trial H&L Participatory Budgeting Event
6 December 2017. Agenda061217