Anyone who is interested in improving the health of people on the islands of Islay and Jura is welcome to join the network. We have members from the NHS, Social Work, local organisations and the third sector, health based organisations and businesses and representatives from the community.
We meet at least four times a year, to network, build partnerships, share knowledge and information.
In between meetings members receive regular emails containing relevant news and information from a variety of sources. You can find a membership form below. Send it to Sandra Macintyre:
If you have any information that you would like to share with the network, please email it to the coordinator, alternatively if you want to keep up to date, just ask to be on the mailing list.
Islay and Jura Local Area Plan: Local Area Plan 2018
Addaction Team Leader MAKI
I&J HWBN Coordinator
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant timetable, 2018 : 20/08/2018 1st Round finished.
For an application and guide check out our advert below or this website:
- THE SECOND ROUND IS NOW OPEN WITH £5,000 AVAILABLE FOR YOUR BIDS!
- In this round we are piloting community voting as the final decider, so there is a new step in the process:
- Complete your application form as before using this year’s form (available on this site, or from Coordinator).
- Return by deadline of Friday 9th Nov 2018, to the I&J Coordinator, by email.
- The Coordinator and a member of the Health Improvement team will score the bids, and the bids with the closest fit to the priorities will be invited to deliver a presentation at a Decision Day ICCI Gaelic College Bowmore .
- The Decision Day will be held between 1pm and 4pm on Friday 16th November2018. Applicants can bring people along to vote limited to 5.
- Applicants should prepare a 3 minute presentation about their project. This can be fun, or serious.
- The attendees will vote using tokens and results will be given at the end.
- The groups will be notified immediately or by the following Monday in the event of a tie, or if independant adjudication is needed.
- Applicants have up to a year to complete their projects.
- The bids will be scored on the fit to the priority above taking precedence over other fund criteria (though they are important too!)
- Application form to be completed in Word document* and returned to coordinator by email.
- There is help available from the Coordinator with this new process – please phone or email if you would like any help.
Participatory Event applications and notification in by 9th Nov , event will be held at Gaelic College, Bowmore, Isle of Islay 1.00pm-4.00pm. For application forms and event contact Sandra.
Further information and guidance can be fund on The Joint Health Improvement Plan2017-2022 on the Healthy Argyll and Bute page of the website.
I&JHWBN Meeting dates:
Our next meeting is Monday 19th November 12.15pm at the Islay Service Point Bowmore Isle of Islay.
Monday 19th November 2018
further dates to be agreed