The Mid Argyll Health and Wellbeing Network enjoys a healthy membership of over 150 people, and is coordinated by Antonia Baird.
Anyone who is interested in improving the health of people in mid Argyll is welcome to join the network – we have members from the NHS, from local community organisations, health based businesses, and community representatives.
We meet at least 4 times a year, to network, build partnerships, share knowledge, enjoy presentations and participate in a healthy lunch.
In between meetings, members receive bulletins with relevant news and information.
NEXT MEETING: 24th October 2018: 10:30-12:30 plus 45 minutes for networking lunch; Lochgilphead Community Centre. This meeting will be shortly after the launch of 66 days and will be supporting continuted delivery of this health initiative.
All meetings take place in Lochgilphead Community Centre from 10:30 – 12:30, and everyone is welcome to attend.
Other meetings, 2018/19:
23rd January 2019.
Planned activities 2018:
These activities are designed for you/us to collaborate and share resources to support great health habits and make mid Argyll well-resourced, well-informed and well linked up. All are welcome to participate. Details will be developed with network members and information will be circulated in the bulletins.
- Health and Wellbeing event in Tarbert Academy- dates tbc.
- “66 Days” – making and breaking habits for your health – 18th October tbc.
Grant timetable, 2018:
Mid Argyll Network has been allocated £11,000 for 2018-19 for activities that improve the health of the population and preventing problems before they arise. This year funding is available for increasing physical activity and supporting people to live better lives with long term health conditions.
- The first round has now closed and £7,000 has been allocated to 8 local groups to deliver health and wellbeing projects and actvities in this area -well done everyone and look forward to hearing all about it.
- THE SECOND ROUND IS NOW OPEN WITH £5,000 AVAILABLE FOR YOUR BIDS!
- In this round we are piloting community voting as the final decider, so there is a new step in the process:
- Complete your application form as before using this year’s form (available on this site, or from Coordinator).
- Return by deadline of Friday 7th September 2018, to the mid Argyll Coordinator, by email.
- The Coordinator and a member of the Health Improvement team will score the bids, and the bids with the closest fit to the priorities will be invited to deliver a presentation at a Decision Day in the Lochgilphead Community Centre.
- The Decision Day will be held between 1pm and 4pm on Friday 14th Seotember. Applicants can bring up to 5 people to vote.
- Applicants should prepare a 3 minute presentation about their project. This can be fun, or serious.
- The attendees will vote using digital voting pads, in real time, for the successful allocation.
- The groups will be notified immediately or by the following Monday in the event of a tie, or if independant adjudication is needed.
- Applicants have up to a year to complete their projects.
- The bids will be scored on the fit to the priority above taking precedence over other fund criteria (though they are important too!)
- Application form to be completed in Word document* and returned to coordinator by email.
- There is help available from the Coordinator and from the TSI, with this new process – please phone or email if you would like any help.
*Office libre document or similar is fine too.
The forms are here.
If you have information that you would like to share with the network, please email it to the coordinator; alternatively if you want to keep up to date, just ask to be on the mailing list.
The mid Argyll network Plan is here: WORKPLAN FOR MID ARGYLL NETWORK- update 2018-19
If you want to know more, please get in touch with the coordinator.
01546 604270/07880 051520