The Mid Argyll Health and Wellbeing Network enjoys a healthy membership of over 150 people, and is coordinated by Antonia Baird.
Anyone who is interested in improving the health of people in mid Argyll is welcome to join the network – we have members from the NHS, from local community organisations, health based businesses, and community representatives.
We meet at least 4 times a year, to network, build partnerships, share knowledge, enjoy presentations and participate in a healthy lunch.
In between meetings, members receive bulletins with relevant news and information.
NEXT MEETING: 1st August 2018: 10:30-12:30 plus 45 minutes for networking lunch; Lochgilphead Community Centre. This meeting will have a theme of “Stigma” – how it affects self esteem and can stop people accessing health and wellbeing opportunities – and what can be done about it. If you have some good practice that you are happy to share, or want to learn about how mental health, poor body image, sexuality, addictions, homelessness or other stigmatisations can affect life chances, come along to this meeting.
All meetings take place in Lochgilphead Community Centre from 10:30 – 12:30, and everyone is welcome to attend.
Other meetings, 2018/19:
24th October 2018 and 23rd January 2019.
Planned activities 2018:
These activities are designed for you/us to collaborate and share resources to support great health habits and make mid Argyll well-resourced, well-informed and well linked up. All are welcome to participate. Details will be developed with network members and information will be circulated in the bulletins.
- Health and Wellbeing event in Tarbert Academy- dates tbc.
- “66 Days” – making and breaking habits for your health – 18th October tbc.
Grant timetable, 2018:
Mid Argyll Network has been allocated £11,000 for 2018-19 for activities that improve the health of the population and preventing problems before they arise. This year funding is available for increasing physical activity and supporting people to live better lives with long term health conditions.
- Deadline of Monday 16th July 12noon.
- Up to £1,000. (£2,000 if a strong partnership!)
- Notification by 30th July – projects to start on or after 1st August.
- £7,000 on offer in first round – £4,000 retained for second round.
- Second round opens 1st August with residue plus £4,000.
- Second round closes 17th September with projects to start 5th October.
- Applicants have up to a year to complete their projects.
- The bids will be scored on the fit to the priority above taking precedence over other fund criteria (though they are important too!)
- Application form to be completed in Word document* and returned to coordinator by email.
*Office libre document or similar is fine too.
The forms are here.
If you have information that you would like to share with the network, please email it to the coordinator; alternatively if you want to keep up to date, just ask to be on the mailing list.
The mid Argyll network Plan is here: WORKPLAN FOR MID ARGYLL NETWORK- update 2018-19
If you want to know more, please get in touch with the coordinator.
01546 604270/07880 051520