Argyll and Bute CHP is delighted to announce that it is continuing to fund local health and wellbeing initiatives.Despite ongoing pressure on health budgets a total of £66,700 will be distributed as follows:
Bute: £5,843, Cowal: £12,569, Helensburgh: £16,347, Islay & Jura: £3,019, Kintyre: £6,650, Mid Argyll: £7,069, Mull, Coll & Tiree: £3,159, Oban Lorn and Inner Isles: £12,044
This funding is for activities to improve the health of the population such as increasing participation in physical activity opportunities, creating opportunities for older people to socialise with each and health fairs in local communities. Priority will be given to initiatives that can demonstrate they are reducing health inequalities, that means focusing on the people who are most in need, for example deprived communities likely to experience poor health.
Funding is accessed via the Local Health and Wellbeing Network by completing an application form
For more information please contact your local Health and Wellbeing Network coordinator.
- Bute – Dee James, email@example.com
- Cowal – Dee James, firstname.lastname@example.org (Interim Coordinator)
- Helensburgh – Morevain Martin, email@example.com
- Islay and Jura – Gill Chasemore, Gill@argylltsi.org.uk
- Kintyre – Dee James, firstname.lastname@example.org (Interim Coordinator)
- Mid Argyll – Antonia Baird, Antonia.Baird@argyll-bute.gov.uk
- Mull, Coll & Tiree – Carol Flett, email@example.com
- Oban, Lorn & Inner Isles – Eleanor McKinnon, firstname.lastname@example.org