The year of 2020/21 will be a year to remember for many reasons, as COVID-19 disrupted systems and services on many levels.
It has been a year full of challenges, and often of uncertainty, but also one which has seen communities coming together to be there for each other and make a positive contribution where they can.
This year’s Annual Report gives an insight into the work of the Argyll and Bute Public Health Team, including the following highlights:
- Argyll & Bute – the challenges and context;
- COVID-19 in Argyll and Bute – it’s prevalence, it’s impact and our response (including Caring for People helpline); vaccinations; symptomatic and asymptomatic testing; working in partnership.
- Ongoing work of the Argyll and Bute Public Health team:
- The Living Well Strategy: £70k awarded through 8 Living Well Grants to Third Sector organisations;
- Living Well Networks (8 across Argyll & Bute) – £4K allocated as Youth Grant Awards;
- Community Link Working;
- Smoking Cessation;
- Sexual Health;
- Screening Inequalities;
- Suicide Prevention;
- Social Mitigation;
- Comms & Engagement;
- Argyll & Bute Alcohol & Drugs (ADP).
We hope you enjoy the read, including the many interactive links embedded throughout the report. Feel free to contact us with any queries you may have at email@example.com